Find out more about Joe Grossi
Film Television Corporate Commercials Theatre
Joe Grossi is available for comedy & drama acting roles, commercial work, ads, voiceovers and presentations.
- A native English speaker, also fluent in German and Italian and French
- He brings character and emotional depth to dramatic roles plus charm, intelligence
- a quick wit, slapstick or a light touch in comedy
- many different voices, inflections, mimicry, international and British regional accents.
- He has a degree in law.
- Also a songwriter, who sings and plays bass, acoustic & electric guitars.
- A writer, he has written or co-written several spec scripts
- Wrote a 430-page biography, ‘Immigrant’.
- Have translated many German scripts into English, often writing fresh copy.
- Born in 1957 in S.E. London. English mother, Italian father. Attended Haberdashers’ Aske’s grammar school.
- Degree in Law (Ll.B. Hons. in 1979)
- 1980: Began acting with Lumiere and Son (“A String of Perils”, dir. Hilary Westlake & script by David Gale and cast).
- 1980-81: Theatre-in-Education and community theatre. “The Mummy’s Curse” by Moving Parts, director Ruth McKenzie (later of the London Cultural Olympiad).
- 1981-4: Theatre-in-Education with Livestock touring Theatre Company, co-writing & acting.
- 1984-6: Comedy cabaret with KGB, Cagey Beezz and Knightmare Kabaret, co-writing sketches and songs, singinging & playing guitars incl. Edinburgh & Glastonbury festivals.
- 1985: First TV roles in “Bluebell” (dir. Moira Armstrong) and “To Have & to Hold” (Dir. Mary McMurray). Both wrap parties at The Groucho Club.
- 1986: First commercial with David Jason for Castella Classic. From 1986-2001, I featured in 22 commercials for the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Holland & Norway with directors Tom Bussmann, Harald Zwart et al.
- 1987 & ’88 – TV. Featured as Joan Sims’ butler, Hopkins, in cult Children’s BBCtv series, “Simon & the Witch” with Elizabeth Spriggs, Naomie Harris. Dir. David Bell.
- 1988 – TV: “Lenny Henry Christmas Show” for BBC. Also in “The Bill” for Thames TV.
- 1991-92: Lived and worked in Germany, making many contacts in TV, corporate films & commercials with whom I still collaborate and for whom I work as their UK fixer, translator, on-screen presenter & actor.
- 1992 – TV: performing and writing sketches and two songs in BBC School’s “Lifeschool”.
- 1992, ’93 & 94 – TV: “Flitterabend” for ZDF/ WDR/ SWF, Germany. Comedy improvisation in German on big budget, live Saturday night show broadcast before and studio audience of 1,500 people and six million viewers. Five appearances in two years.
- 1992 – TV: “T-Bag & the Sunstones of Montezuma” with Georgina Hale for Thames Television.
- 1994/5 – TV: “Grange Hill” (twice) & “Aquila” children’s BBCtv for BAFTA winning director, David Bell.
- 1995 to present day: active as UK fixer for several Germany TV, commercial and corporate production companies, aka London Joe for BMW et al.
- 1995 to present day: script translator and copywriter.
- 1997 – TV: “Schwarz greift ein” priest/ detective series, SAT 1, Germany. Dir. Marco Serafini
- 1998 – TV: “Totally Ridiculous” for Triage Entertainment, USA. Dir. Jeff Lengyel for David Zucker (co-producer of the “Naked Gun” & “Airplane”).
- 2001 – TV:”Urban Gothic” drama series for Channel 5.
- 2005 – Film: “The Da Vinci Code” as the Church Official with Alfred Molina. Dir. Ron Howard
- 2005 – Film: “Kinky Boots” as the Milan Organiser with Joel Edgerton. Dir Julian Jarrold
- 2010 – TV: “Tabaluga Abenteuer Team”. Playing Harold Addington in many disguises. German Children TV action series. BSB-Film Medienproduktion for ZDF & KiKa (Kinderkanal). Directed by Diana Feil. Winner of a New York Children’s Television prize.
- 2010 – Film: “The Empty Plan”. Playing composer, Hanns Eisler, in this arthouse film about Brecht in Hollywood. Toured European art galleries including Haywood Gallery. Directed by Anja Kirschner and David Panos.
- 2016 – Film: “Botticelli Inferno”, German feature documentary, directed by Ralph Loop. Street interviews with an international public in Florence on the subject of Botticelli’s painted depiction of Dante’s ‘Inferno’. Speaking English, Italian, German & French.
- 2017 – Film: “House Red”, horror feature playing the Italian Mayor. Dir. Cos Greenop
- 2017 – TV: “A Discovery of Witches”, television series for Sky Television by Bad Wolf Productions. As the baffled Mortician. Dir. Juan Carlos Medina
- In 2018, there was German corporate film work but the year was dominated by family issues, my wedding and the many blessings that came with it.
- 2019 – Film: ‘No Time to Die’. Shot several scenes with Bond, two of which are in the final cut. Dir. Cary Koji Fukenaga
- 2020-1 COVID interruptus. Zoom script readings, making self-tapes to keep sharp.
- 2021 – TV documentary for ARTE: “Mein Auge – Eye and Vision” shooting at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London. Being The Patient and also the London location fixer for writer/ director, Ralph Loop, and Medea Film (Berlin).
Film Television Corporate Commercials Theatre
Contact Joe Grossi via his agent